Saturday, February 2, 2008

{free} wedding photography

The problem:
As told by the New York Times

The inspiration:
Jason Groupp, Melissa Bitter, and Jessica Claire

It is time to pay it forward! People often ask me why I became a photographer - and the truth is I fell into it and fell in love with capturing memories! It is amazing to become a part of each family I photograph, catching the tender moments, the secret giggles, and great bear hugs!

I think that photographs are important for a lot reasons. I have many adorning my walls and albums, and when I look at them it takes me back to the exact moment the photo was taken - to the best moments of my life. Life passes so quickly - I cannot imagine not having photographs to remind me of the wonderful journeys I have taken!

Weddings, especially, go by so fast! I want to help you remember each special moment!! This is the reason I am going to be shooting a wedding for FREE in 2008! That's right, shooting, online posting, and an album for the couple on my own dime!

The Details:

Email your story and a photo of yourselves to mz {at} melissazihlman.com by Sunday, February 24th, 11:59 CST.

Qualifications:
1. Wedding must take place in 2008 - and a time and place must already be confirmed.
2. Must not be able to afford to hire another photographer
3. Wedding/reception must take place within 50 miles of DFW (I am willing to travel nationally, but travel expenses must be covered by winning couple)
4. I must be able to tell your story and show pictures on my blog
5. Story and photo must be received by February 24th at 11:59 CST.

The couple selected will receive:
10 hours of wedding day coverage
An online gallery for sharing and ordering prints
A DVD with images
A professional 20 page 10x10 flush mount wedding album

If you know anyone who is eligible, pleaase pass along the link!
:) Melissa

Legal disclaimer: Decision is subjective and final unless the couple chosen does not meet one of the qualifications outlined above. Services and product given to the couple has no cash value.